In developing competitive strategies, VSA provides a rigorous process to help physicians and their management teams come to conclusions about priorities and the actions required for successful implementation. And, because staff support is critical to successful implementation, we always recommend the incorporation of a staff input into the strategic plan. Throughout the strategy development process, VSA challenges the physician(s) and management team to rethink assumptions. We focus on helping the practice develop an approach that will provide strategic advantage through differentiation in the marketplace and the crafting of a strategy that can be supported, implemented, and sustained.
The deliverables from a strategy engagement include:
- Detailed assessments of your competitors and a detailed SWOT analysis of your practice’s strengths and weaknesses;
- An evaluation of potential future issues that might challenge your medical practice;
- Prioritized strategies on which the practice will focus;
- Extensive financial analysis to insure that the strategy is sustainable; and
- Action plans defining the implementation process, accountability, and timelines.